TIP: Keep tamales frozen until ready
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS - MANUEL'S FROZEN RAW PORK
Ready to cook and serve!
- Remove tamales from plastic bag.
- Place Manuel’s Tamales in an electric
steamer or double boiler.
- Add water according to electric steamer instructions. It usually takes
40-45 minutes to cook 1 dozen tamales. Add more time if the masa, (the
outer layer of corn dough) is still raw.
- If using double boiler, place Manuel’s
Tamales in a circular pattern with the folded part of the corn
husk facing outward. Pour water over the tamales (You want to get
them wet!) to just below the bottom of the tamales. Cover pot.
- Bring to a rolling boil, then lower heat enough to continue to create
- Check 1 tamale after 45 minutes. Continue cooking
if the masa ( the outer layer of corn dough) is still raw. Repeat
this step every 15 minutes until tamales are cooked.