MANUEL'S FROZEN RAW PORK TAMALES
Ready to cook and serve!
- Remove tamales from plastic bag.
- Place Manuel’s Tamales in an electric steamer or double boiler.
- Add water according to electric steamer instructions. It usually takes 40-45 minutes to cook 1 dozen tamales. Add more time if the masa (the outer layer of corn dough) is still raw.
- If using double boiler, place Manuel’s tamales in a circular pattern with the folded part of the corn husk facing outward. Pour water over the tamales (You want to get them wet!) to just below the bottom of the tamales. Cover pot.
- Bring to a rolling boil, then lower heat enough to continue to create steam.
- Check 1 tamale after 45 minutes. Continue cooking if the masa (the outer layer of corn dough) is still raw. Repeat this step every 15 minutes until tamales are cooked.
MANUEL'S FROZEN VACUUM PACKED PORK TAMALES
Vacuum Packed in Boilable Pouch. Ready to Heat and Serve
- Place the unopened frozen, vacuum package or packages in pot of rapidly boiling water (medium high heat).
- When the water begins to boil again, set timer to 35 minutes.
- Remove the packages using tongs. Cut package with scissors, being careful not to let the steam from the pouch burn your fingers. The tamales should easily slide out of the pouch onto your prepared serving dish.
Tip: Wait until your side dishes are prepared before you cut the pouches. Tamales are best served HOT!